David Wainwright Guest Contributor
David Wainwright was a division coordinator of Primal Warrior in the late 1990, as well as the Regional Coordinator of the Southwest Region as the organization Mentor Discover Inspire took shape. A teacher of enrollment, Wainwright earned certain beads for his legacy necklace, a count for as many men he enrolled into and through the Sterling Men’s Weekend. Count the white beads on his necklace to see how much success he had around this timely topic.
First off know this:
- Leaders are influencers.
- If you ain’t the lead dog, the view never changes. Do you like the view?
- Enrollment = empowerment.
Enrollment – It all starts with 2 points:
- Find out what a man wants.
- Show him how he can have it.
From a Mano y Mano interaction, here are some tips that have helped me move a man into action:
- Set the stage by making it safe for a man to reveal themselves.
- It has to be 100 percent about them.
- Get permission to ask questions. Ask questions like:
- How is it going?
- What is going well? Let them talk.
- Focus on positives. Compliment appropriately.
- Ask questions that allows them to continue. Listen. Listen.
- At some point, the prospect will tip their hand on something of concern. Eg Job, money, relationships.
- At some point, pull out the magic wand. “If you had a magic wand, what would you like to change?” Again, get them talking. Listen Listen.
- What if you discovered there is a way?
- Would you be willing to look at that?
- Would you be willing to take action to explore that?
- At some point, you will sense the level of trust is high enough to ask them to take action.
- Do not sell! Just show them the opportunity.
- Be patient.