PIC: In Chacala Mexico December 2014, while reading “50 Shades of Grey.”
You know … time has a way of moving quickly and catching you unaware of the passing years. It seems just yesterday that I was young, just married and embarking on my new life with my mate. Yet in a way, it seems like eons ago, and I wonder where all the years went. I know that I lived them all. I have glimpses of how it was back then and of all my hopes and dreams.
But, here it is… the back nine of my life and it catches me by surprise…How did I get here so fast? Where did the years go and where did my youth go?
I remember well seeing older people through the years and thinking that those older people were years away from me and that I was only on the first hole, and the back nine was so far off that I could not fathom it or imagine fully what it would be like.
And so…now I enter into this new season of my life unprepared for all the aches and pains and the loss of strength and ability to go and do things that I wish I had done but never did! But, at least I know that although I’m on the back nine, and I’m not sure how long it will last, I know that when it’s over on this earth, it’s over. A new adventure will begin! Yes, I have regrets. There are things I wish I hadn’t done, things I should have done, but indeed, there are many things I’m happy to have done. It’s all in a lifetime.
So, if you’re not on the back nine yet, let me remind you that it will be here faster than you think. So, whatever you would like to accomplish in your life please do it quickly! Don’t put things off too long! Life goes by quickly. So, do what you can today, as you can never be sure whether you’re on the back nine or not!
You have no promise that you will see all the seasons of your life, so live for today and say all the things that you want your loved ones to remember and hope that they appreciate and love you for all the things that you have done for them in all the years past!
“Life” is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after. Make it a fantastic one. LIVE IT WELL! ENJOY TODAY! DO SOMETHING FUN! BE HAPPY! HAVE A GREAT DAY. And remember: “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.
LIVE HAPPY IN 2015!
LASTLY, CONSIDER THIS:
- Your kids are becoming you… but your grandchildren are perfect!
- Going out is good. Coming home is better!
- You may forget names. But it’s OK because some people forgot they even knew you.
- The things you used to care to do, you aren’t as interested in anymore, but you really do care that you aren’t as interested.
- You sleep better on a lounge chair with the TV ‘ON’ than in bed. It’s called “pre-sleep”.
- You have three sizes of clothes in your closet…. two of which you will never wear.
- But old is good in some things: old songs, old movies, and best of all OLD FRIENDS!